Monday, February 25, 2008

feb 25,2008 entry (training is a blast)

wow!! my trainee is amazing. i dont remember if i told you all about her yet or not but i will tell you again just in case. her name is Sister Stewart and she has come to the mission field ready to work. she has a great attitude, a wonderful memory and the desire to work hard and build Gods Kingdom here on earth. what more could i ask for. she is so much fun and i just love her. she has a wonderful smile and a way of using it to make others feel so comfortable and happy. we get along great. the funnest part is we learn alot from eachother. i have never taught some of the commandment in lesson 4 because we have not gotten that far in our lessons and i was in the hospital when they taught it in the mtc. so last night we were supposed to teach tithing to john myers and i told her i had never taught it before. so both her and sister butterfield busted out their mtc notes and we sat down and all learned together. it was fun. being the trainer does not put me above anyone. it just means that i get to set the example and serve them more. but in reality we all learn from eachother and grow together. we are taught in the scriptures that the master is also the servant and that is the way it is:) and what an awsome responsiblility and honor it is.
We are teaching two of the most amazing people. John Myers and Bill Chaney. i believe i already told you all about them. we taught them both this week and they are just moving right along. john's mom let him back in the house and said he can research the church as long as he is completly honest with her about what he is doing. People think we are a brain washing cult. It's sad but as soon as her heart softens and she realizes that this is actually helping her son and making him a better person, i believe she will consent to have him baptized. Bill on the other hand understands everything and believes that he is finding the true answers to his life time questions. now all he needs is to over come his addictions and his chastity issues.
I know it might be hard to believe but i am actually enjoying the work now more then before. i owe this to the responsibility of being the example of complete obedience. i am the one who has to account for the work now so i had to step up my act and i am loving it so much. i cant imagine being a missionary that doesnt work hard because working hard is what makes it worth it.
The area still needs to grow. i keep praying for more of a finding pool. i know there is still people to be found and i want to find them. we are going to focus alot on part member families and see if we cant reactivate and activate some of those people.
please sent me some of your emails so i can write some of you personally. for example i am still waiting for tim and julie's email address. tim said he would write me if i gave him my email so who ever reads this please tell everyone that my email address is conoverd1030@myldsmail.net. i would love to email some of you personally. i sent shauna, sherri and cindy letters but i dont know if the addresses were right and i dont know julies new address or todd and tina's address. i know dons and kims and i know craig and kevins email so im ok there but there rest of you i want to write so please let me know your info so i can personalize a letter to you.
i love you all so much and will continue to keep you updated.
love sister Conover

2 comments:

Craig Conover said...

Debbie, I love reading about your mission. I have emailed everyone your blog address and told them about commenting so you will start to see more comments in your email. I also forwarded you the comments from Fawn, I had your wrong email address but it is fixed now. I love you and would love to see some more pictures also.

Love ya

Smile said...

Debbie, I hope I am not to late to miss you, today. I got on here and commented a long comment (letter) but I didn't have a blog set up yet so I tryed to create one and the sight went down and I lost my comment to you. :( I miss you so much and I am so proud of you, this is such a fun way to here about your work, one thought that has me a little conserned is that Tim said that he was able to google your name and this sight was on there, so something like that. So this sight is visable to any one who wants to view it, don't worry to much about it, just be aware of it, not like it matters too much anyone who reads your testimony would be touch and feel the spirit, it is so strong! You are amazing! I love you! My new blogspot is shaunashively@blogspot.com, I think i wrote that right. I love you. Shauna